Tuesday, August 31, 2010

...going back to school

As I greeted new students yesterday morning at 7:00 a.m. I felt like this:

That feeling pretty much carried me through the rest of the day, and most of today. But by 6:00 this evening, as I gathered my things to come home.....I felt like this:

I resisted the urge to do the drive-through food-that's-not-really-food fix, and instead reminded myself that I had homemade bread and soup in the freezer, just waiting to be heated up. Now it's time to go get some

so I have enough of what this guy has to get up and get going again in the morning.

P.S. I have the sweetest new students! (But then I always do...) :-)

2 comments:

jeff said...

Good luck on a new school year!

Doozyanner said...

Thanks, Jeff! The first week with students is always a killer, but I managed to make it to the Thursday evening group ride.