Wednesday, July 1, 2009

...insomnia

Fun facts:

--a train (or two or three) comes through town between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m.
--the engineer of said train blows the whistle the entire way through town
--cat fights always sound like they're happening right outside the window at 3:30 a.m. (maybe they are)
--an old dog who groans and snores must sleep right next to my bed, ignoring the comfy dog bed in the other room
--the sounds of heavy machinery at work wasn't imagined--the parking lot of the new grocery store a few blocks away is now paved

4 comments:

The Old Bag said...

Pets put proximity above comfort, don't they?

Leslie Morgan said...

Unless they've spotted your pillow in the middle of the night! Mine don't seem to have any problem trying to boot my head aside so they can enjoy the pillow.

Doozyanner said...

My bed is too tall for her to get up on now--the ol' hips are going--but she MUST be with me wherever I go. Poor thing, it messes with her head when I make several trips up and down the stairs.

Leslie Morgan said...

I feel her pain, being an old girl whose hips bark often!