Saturday, September 19, 2009

...putting on our dancing shoes

Katie has been home for a few days--she surprised me by coming earlier than I expected. So good to have her here! (I put her to work in my classroom--what a HUGE help. She needs to come visit mid-week more often!) We've hung out together, made each other laugh, teased each other about the new men in our lives, and have gotten a good Katie/mom fix. But now it's the weekend, and we're getting ready to go our separate ways. Katie is going to a classmate's wedding, and I am driving across the mountain to boogie to a jazz band with John. Time to put on the dancing shoes!

3 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

Enjoy it, Doozyanner! Kick your feet up high and dance like nobody's looking.

Stacy B said...

Which one are yours? I like the shiny ones but I don't think I could make it to the car in them.

Doozyanner said...

Haha...the shiny ones are Katie's. I did try them on, and they are FUN, but walking more than a few steps? Not happening. I actually wore my flats for dancing--and had a fabulous time. We need more jazz bands playing on THIS side of the mountain!