Sunday, February 28, 2010

...a good weekend

So sorry to all of the folks in the Midwest and NE who are still covered in snow. This is what the NNE corner of Oregon looked like this weekend! Ahhhhh....



Those pesky goat heads abound year 'round.

Saturday...31 miles with Kathie and Bob. Top speed? 38.8, going down the hill into Echo. (Had to pause at the bottom to pick the bugs out of my grin.)

Sunday...35 miles with the whole crew. We would have gone further but several wanted to get back in time to see the hockey game between USA and Canada. Proof that yes, I can actually lead the pace line once in a while. (I was working too hard on the next hill to snap a picture of them blowing past me.)

3 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

Our weather made parts of the 3 day cycling race pretty miserable. I was only the pit crew on the worst day of it and it was pretty unpleasant. I can't imagine riding in it!

I KNEW you could lead the pace line.

WV - fallimm. Me: "Badger, don't you go faalimm off that bike in a sharp, wet descent."

The Old Bag said...

Makes me wish I had bugs in MY teeth...

Doozyanner said...

I'm late in responding to your comments. Limes, you're posting often again...I can't keep up! OB, spring is coming, even to your neck of the woods! Rock, thanks for stopping by.