Sunday, June 20, 2010

...a road trip

It's time to get out of Podunk for a couple of weeks. First stop, a visit with my folks in Cove--do a bit of yard work, ride the valley, sit in the shade and do nothing...

Next up, Boise and a few days with Arlene. We talked on the phone the other night and she had Jadyn with her. I asked Jadyn if she wanted to go for a bike ride with me like last year. In typical three year old fashion she said, "No. I want to walk and take the wagon." (I hope we can convince her to go for a ride, too!)

After leaving Boise I'll be heading for Prairie City and their Bicycle Invitational. I'm not sure how many days I'll ride--I emailed for more information but their organization seems kind of loosey-goosey.

After riding and sleeping on the ground I'll be ready to head to Burns for a comfy bed at Lani's. She knows I may show up on their doorstep any day that week. It's always busy with so many kiddos, but Lani and I will find time to visit.

Then....home again, home again, to work on a summer class, ride with my buddies, sew, sew, sew, and hopefully see some friends I rarely see during the busy school year.
Time to go!

4 comments:

jeff said...

Sounds great. Have a wonderful vacation!

The Old Bag said...

It's what summers are made for!

Leslie Morgan said...

Oh, Dooz, I took a few days away from the computer, so you'll already be gone and my comment will be very stale by the time you return. I just wanted to say this is about the time and place I first started to follow you last year. Thank you for the ride!

Anonymous said...

Genuіnely no matter if ѕomeone doesn't be aware of after that its up to other viewers that they will help, so here it occurs.
Feel free to visit my blog post ... crystalphotos.org.uk