Thursday, December 15, 2011

...the end of the term

Trimester one is officially over! Halas!  I just spent the last 2 1/2 days in a room with about 45 other Cycle 3 (secondary) teachers, marking the official grade 12 reading and writing exam for the entire Western Region.  Whew!  That was an experience!

On one hand it was very tiring and stressful to read so many essays. Everything is done by hand, and, being human, errors were made.  We had to check, double check, and triple check each other's math skills.

On the other hand, it was nice to get to sleep in (marking was done here in MZ, so I didn't have my usual commute), and fun to interact with teachers from other schools. My neighbor Maddie and I rarely see each other because of our schedules so it was a treat to get to visit with her in between packets of tests.    So now...I am finished with school until January 8, 2012.  Let the fun and relaxation begin!

(Nate and Katie will be here Sunday night and are staying until the 29th.  Yippeeeee!)

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Wow, three whole weeks off. Have fun with the kiddos.