Tuesday, April 21, 2009

...Mexico again!

4/24/09 update: A very kind family member has offered me her frequent flyer miles for this trip! Woo hoo! Thank you, thank you!!! :-)

This is a line from an email I received today: I just got word that Hildalgo needs 10 teachers between July 6 and July 24 to do training with elementary English teachers.

That line led me to this:
...where I found out that a round-trip ticket to Mexico City is only $356!!!!!

Guess where I'm going to be in July?? Pachuca is only an hour north of Mexico City...where the pyramids (that are on my list of places I must visit in this life) are. And Maribel (who hooked me up with relatives last summer) has a sister in Mexico City who was disappointed I didn't visit her. (Guess who I'll be calling???)

(And I put a bug in Arlene's ear to fly down and be a tourist with me when the three weeks of teaching are over!)

Oh, oh, oh! Doin' a happy dance!

(I wonder if I could rent a bike while I'm there? Something to investigate...)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Whoo Hoo - something fun and exciting to look forward to...