Wednesday, April 29, 2009

...this n' that

  • I just finished reading World Without End by Ken Follett. I didn't want it to end. Such a good book. Two thumb up. Now maybe I will get some things done around here!
  • I am SURE the swine flu will have run its course by July so I can go to Mexico. No "gripe porcina" for me.
  • It's almost May and it's cold. By now I'm usually wearing capris to school every day.
  • After going to the job fair in Portland a few weeks ago I have decided to stay put. I have a good job. My kids will just have to come visit more often and vice versa.
  • My classroom budget for next year is small. Very small. But at least I have a budget. It's doable.
  • My mother-in-law called today just to say hi. She is lonely without Rolly. What an adjustment that would be after 60 years together.
  • Entertaining is fun. My friend Ron was here earlier in the week and I invited the young couple next door over to eat with us. Stir fry was mediocre; company was excellent.

No comments: