Saturday, October 3, 2009

...the blues

The fourth week of school has come and gone...and I'm still not keeping up. Lesson plans for six different classes, program paperwork, a club to supervise, meetings, meetings, (sigh) meetings, new administrators, new secretary, new students...whew.




I woke up this morning with a case of the blues that I cannot (will not?) shake.
And I'd ask you to

...but I can't even stand to be in my own company right now.
Tomorrow will be a better day, right? Oh, wait, I get to spend the day in my classroom. Yippee. And now...off to the soccer game to supervise the concession stand.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Sue. I am SO feelin' you right now. I don't want to join you at your party - but I fear I'm already there...waaaayyyy in the back, leaning against a wall, closing my eyes in hopes that noone will see me so I can get some {rest}.

If I were my mom, this is what I'd say to us:

"This too, shall pass".

Enjoy a nice, rainy Sunday...treat yourself to something special (like a pumpkin latte at Starbucks!!!}

Doozyanner said...

Thanks, Lisa. When I get wrapped up in self-pity I forget that others are dealing with similar, or more difficult, situtations. I don't know how you do it with 2 little ones and morning sickness to boot! Pumpkin spice latte sounds good...I'll pick one up on the way to my classroom. Enjoy your day and find time to renew your spirit! :-)