Wednesday, October 14, 2009

...odds and ends

  • Pouring rain yesterday kept us from riding. I'm afraid that mid-week rides are over for this year.
  • I keep checking to see if the dog needs water. Will take a while to break 14 year routines.
  • The only noise I ever hear from my neighbors' apartment next door is laughter. A happy sound that makes me smile.
  • One of these days a kitty is going to find a home with me.
  • Not having an old dog to rush home to means I'm staying way later at school than maybe is healthy.
  • I love sites that make me laugh like don'tjudgemyhair and cakewrecks.
  • Fall is here. A pumpkin and mums are sitting outside my door. I doubt I take the time to carve the pumpkin.
  • Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are the best. Comfort. Yum.
  • I might be spending the week of Thanksgiving in Mexico teaching English. My kids said, "Do it!" Still waiting to hear if I am chosen.
  • Our school is doing Battle of the Books for the first time this year and I've been asked to help. I think that means I get to read all the books the kids will be reading so I can be on a panel.
  • It's time to clean out the garage so I can start parking in it again. Not sure why I treat it like a dumping ground all summer. A trip to the recycle station is on my to-do list this weekend.
  • Tumbleweeds are beautiful this time of year.
  • I have much to be grateful for and life is good.

No comments: