Monday, March 29, 2010

...a spring break recap

The fun stuff:
  1. Silliness at Saturday Market under the Burnside Bridge.
  2. Being spoiled by Arlene with a chocolate cherry trifle. Yum.

  3. Playing Cranium. I really WAS humming the Pink Panther tune.

4. Hanging out with Nate and Katie and their new (fun) significant others.


5. Meandering through the Japanese Gardens.


6. Stumbling upon the filming of something in a cafe in downtown Oregon City.

And the not so fun stuff:

A coworker (and former teacher/coach of my kids) passed away unexpectedly during spring break. His memorial service was yesterday in the gym. He was 55. A crisis team was in our school today to help students and staff cope with the loss. Not much "work" was done as we processed feelings. Nate and Katie came home for the memorial and connected with a lot of old classmates. Good to have them home...wish the circumstances had been different.

2 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

Aw, you had fun! Seeing the sights, seeing the family, traveling and playing games. I'm so glad for you.

I am always startled when someone younger than I dies. Of course, intellectually, I know that happens. But it never fails to sober me. I'm sorry.

Doozyanner said...

Thanks, Limes. He was far too young.

Kunio Hao Yun, thanks for your kind comment.