Tuesday, October 21, 2008

...turning 50

Tomorrow is going to be a fabulous day to turn 50. I've thought about how I want to spend the day--what would make me smile? A few years ago my sister threw a big party for herself--lots of fun, but not my style. My good friend's family planned a surprise dinner for her (I misunderstood and spilled the beans--her family wasn't happy with me and I still feel a twinge of guilt when I think of it!)--but my kids aren't close enough to pull off a surprise--and not what I'd want anyway. So...what to do to celebrate this milestone birthday? Here's what I came up with: take a personal day off from school, sleep in, then go to a day spa for a few hours of pampering. A massage, pedicure, manicure and facial are going to feel soooo good! Then, if I feel like it, wander through the bookstore, sip coffee and people watch, meander through the mall and window shop. (I may just come home and nap after the spa!) In the evening I'm having dinner with two of my very best friends. It's going to be a good day. :-)

(Actually, the fun doesn't end there--my sister will be here from Boise this weekend. We're going to Milton Freewater and Walla Walla on Saturday to go to a pottery shop, have lunch and just hang out together. )

No comments: