Saturday, November 28, 2009

...sleeping in my own bed

...and peeing in my own toilet, and flushing the tissue down the drain instead of putting it in a basket. I've been thinking about the comfort of familiarity and knowing how much money I have to spend, and having bank machines that accept my debit card. I've been thinking about not having to lug a suitcase around or having to run down the concord shoeless because security took so long and I just about missed the connecting flight home. Don't get me wrong--Mexico was fabulous. Fantabulous. Wonderful. Awesome. The people are friendly, generous and kind. I want to go again and again. And I will. But for now...it's good to be home.


Here's a sneak peak of the view from my window the first night. I couldn't fall asleep for smiling so big.

And here's the same view, taken first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

Leslie Morgan said...

I'm glad it was wonderful! Can't wait to hear more. But, yes, home is best.