Saturday, September 20, 2008

...cycling









Last summer my friend Shelley kept urging me to come out and ride with the group from Scott's, but I knew as soon as I did that Scott would try to sell me a bike...and I would want to buy one. I have always had a bike and ridden a lot. And I thought I was strong, and fast. But I had no idea what a difference having a road bike would make. Wow. I test rode a few bikes from Scott's before deciding on my beautiful blue and black Giant titanium frame road bike. A full year later and I am still in love. :-) Buying it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I'm not sure how many miles I've put on it (the computer shows an incredibly huge number that can't possibly be right) but my guess would be about 2,000 miles. I feel stonger and healthier than I've ever felt. I can even stay up with the fast guys for longer stretches of time, and I'm no longer in the slow group! There are other benefits as well--my circle of friends has grown, it's a great stress reliever, and cycling clothes are cute! haha I've even started making my own jerseys, combining my love of sewing with my new passion.

No comments: