Tuesday, September 23, 2008

...sleep

Tonight's one of those nights that I just can't fall asleep. So, instead of tossing and turning and getting frustrated, I usually get up, knowing that I will sleep well tomorrow night. There are two reasons why I can't get to sleep tonight. One is physical. I had to push myself really hard on the ride this evening to get back before the sun went down. The fast guys left us in the dust, so we didn't have anyone to pull us along. (They promised they won't do that anymore with these shorter days.) So my legs ache and I'm dehydrated. The second reason I can't sleep is because of a message I got today. My father-in-law in Canada was taken to the hospital. The call came this morning but we haven't had any updates all day. So at this point no news is good news. My head is full of memories of Rolly, as well as practical details of "if/when" we make the trip to Salmon Arm to say goodbye. Nate is still in Alaska working, and Katie starts at PSU on Monday. But the details will take care of themselves. For now, we wait, and send thoughts of love and peace to our family up north.

No comments: