Friday, February 20, 2009

...a book recommendation

Last week our librarian insisted I take a book home to read. He wanted to know what I thought of it, since it was being recommended as a "Battle of the Books" title. I was already in the middle of a really good book and had a couple more waiting to be read, but couldn't say no. I am glad I didn't. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a fresh, intriguing approach to a subject that has been written about countless times--WWII and the Holocaust. The narrator of the book is...someone unexpected. (The librarian told me who it was and I wish he had let me figure it out on my own.) This is a book for adolescents, but that shouldn't keep adults from reading it. In fact, I'm going to go curl up in my chair right now and find out what happens next to "the book thief"--the main character.

1 comment:

Doozyanner said...

Wow. Great book. Hated for it to end. Will have to check out some of his other titles.