Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...feeling thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day...a day to give thanks. I've always liked the idea of sharing what we're thankful for on T day...and this year I'm going to borrow Fatty's idea (fatcyclist blog) and list the people I am thankful for:

My children--Nate and Katie--They have become such wonderful, caring individuals. They make me laugh, they keep me honest, and they make me proud to be their mom.


My mom and dad--they love me, what more can I say?

My sister Arlene--my cooking hotline! We weren't friends as kids--she was the bossy big sister and I was the blind little kid who couldn't do anything. I am so glad we got to know each other and became such good friends.
My friends--I can be myself with them, blurt anything that's on my heart and they listen. Really listen, without judging.
My students--I love these kids! I would have burned out on teaching long ago if, every once in awhile, I didn't have a group of kids like I have this year.


My family--we're a mixed bunch--differing politics, religious beliefs, and life experiences, but there for me if I ever need them.


My great-niece Jadyn--she is such a delight to all of us who know and love her!

This list (and accompanying photos) is incomplete...I am thankful for my coworkers, my biking buddies, the friendly lady at the grocery store this morning, president-elect Obama, the mailman, my dentist, Candy in Mexico, my friend Maribel, my godson Cristian, my kayaking buddy Ron...this could go on forever... Thank you to everyone who has ever been in my life for one reason or another. Thanks!







No comments: