Saturday, November 1, 2008

...to-do lists

In the wee hours of the morning a to-do list for the day formed in my sleep-deprived brain. The list had three parts: "want to," "have to," and "quit procrastinating!" At the top of the "want to" list was, of course, "ride my bike." But...it's raining. And windy. Not a bike riding day. And I'm pouting. I'm not ready for the season to be over. Not ready to put the bike on the trainer and ride to a video. It's just not the same. However, it's a good day to tackle that list.

Want to
ride my bike :(
curl up with a good book (nothing new on hand)
go to Portland to see my kids (too far/not enough time)
hang out with my best friend (has family visiting)
Have to
change sheets
do the laundry
iron
sweep and mop the kitchen floor
vacuum (how can one dog shed so much??)
buy groceries
clear off the sewing table
Quit procrastinating!
finish the video collage of Mexico trip
finish the jersey that's cut out
copy jersey pattern for someone as I promised back in July
*
*
So...my day is mapped out. The Have To list is easy...the Want To list isn't possible...so time to get the monkey off my back and Quit Procrastinating!
*
*
"Before" picture of my sewing table. My dear ol' dog will have to find another spot to hang out. She'd prefer to be right under the table, but that makes it hard to control the pedal.


Using Flylady's "do it now" principle...the sewing table is cleared off, the unfinished jersey rediscovered, and, oh, THERE'S the pattern I said I'd copy!

No comments: