Tuesday, June 23, 2009

...cleaning

I keep my place fairly liveable using the Flylady system but every now and then I look around and realize that the spiders are winning and clutter is creeping back in. So the last two days have been taken up with vacuuming, dusting, rearranging and tossing (why am I keeping this??).
The piano bench is full of books, dishes, and miscellaneous stuff that need to be returned to their rightful owners, posted on Freecycle or taken to Goodwill. The downstairs is finished (Ah!) and the upstairs is just about licked...but...oops...got bogged down and sidetracked in the sewing/computer room (time out to blog..hehe). This room and the garage seem to take the worst abuse--things get tossed in to be dealt with later. I've taken breaks here and there (obviously), remembered to drink my water, but haven't allowed myself to read "just for a few minutes." I know myself too well--those few minutes would turn into hours and then I'd come back to reality and wonder why the vacuum cleaner was in the middle of the room.

Break is over--Time to get back to it.

3 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

Ha! Flylady! When I have someone coming over, I do what I call "hiding". Open all the closets and push stuff inside, only to be more hopelessly lost than before. I'm not sure what's worse: you spending your precious time off cleaning and decluttering or me working more and more and not dealing with it at all. Maybe if I lose a cat in it, I'll become more serious about it.

The Old Bag said...

Right now I'm digging through a year's worth of basement piles...once I'm back on track I want to keep Flylady's tips in mind! I love what I read so far (swish and swipe the bathroom daily -- duh! makes so much sense that I hadn't thought of it). Great link!

Doozyanner said...

Limes, this system actually makes cleaning the house a breeze. I only do these deep cleanings a couple of times a year and am on auto pilot the rest of the time. I actually like doing it because I take stock of what's in my house. Do I love it, use it, have a place for it? If not, it's time to bless someone else with it. Now that it's done I can bike, read and sew to my heart's content and not even think about the house.

TOB, I've been with Flylady for about 9 years and don't even look at the website much any more. I don't do everything on her list, and my home is not perfect (not the goal anyway). I think there's a link for newcomers--a good place to start if you're interested.